The city of Logoisk is located 40 km north of Minsk. Its surroundings are called “Belarusian Switzerland” for picturesque hills covered with forests. The history of Logoisk has been going on since the 11th century.
In the city and its environs, the remains of a citadel of the 11th – 13th centuries, two ancient settlements, the remains of earthen ramparts and ditches, a park and the Church of St. Nicholas of 1845 have been preserved. In the 19th century, the Tyshkevich brothers, who belonged to a great family of Russian-Lithuanian origin, lived in Logoisk. They built a chic palace here, of which only ruins have survived after the Great Patriotic War. In 1842, the Tyszkiewicz brothers created in LogoyskMuseum of Antiquities, on the basis of which the Vilna Archaeological Museum was created in 1855. Logoisk is also known for the fact that the Belarusian poet Yanka Kupala lived and grew up in these places.
According to Countries Leverage, 8 km from Logoisk there is a ski sports and recreation complex “Logoisk”. Since 2004, the complex has been operating according to European standards for servicing amateur skiers and snowboarders and is the most popular place for skiing in the country. The main slope of “Logoysk” is equipped with a chairlift and has four tracks that are illuminated at night. There is also a training slope with a height of 11 m and a length of 120 m with a rope tow. Above the training slope there is a snowboard park with a drag lift. There are four figures for jibing in the park. Not far from the main slope there are 5 trails for cross-country skiing with a total length of 13 km with a total vertical drop of about 550 meters. For lovers of biathlon, there is a shooting range for 14 target installations. Visitors to the complex are also offered an entertaining snowtubing attraction “Merry Cheesecake”, the services of experienced instructors, a hotel with a restaurant, sauna and baths, a gym, indoor tennis courts and guarded parking. In addition, the ski sports and recreation complex “Logoysk” is open in the summer. The guests are offered quad bikes, a mini football field, table tennis, roller skates, a ski roller track, bicycles, mountain bikes, a children’s playground, a specially equipped beach, paintball, airsoft, trampolines, fishing, boat and catamaran rental and horseback riding.
Near Logoisk there is another ski center – “Silichi”. The height difference on the slopes of the center reaches 100 m. There are two slopes for adults and one for children, equipped with a drag lift. In total, the ski center has seven ski slopes, which are accessed by cable cars. All trails are illuminated and suitable for skiing at night. In addition, there is a track for tubing and cross-country skiing. In “Silichi” there is the only simulator in Belarus, which creates a complete imitation of the passage of the track. The indoor skating rink is also very popular among visitors. A hotel was built to stay in the ski centerfor 80 people and 12 guest houses. The infrastructure of the center includes 2 restaurants, 3 baths, a ski equipment rental, a cafe, a first-aid post, a mini market, a gym and a free parking lot for 850 cars. In the summer, “Silichi” works as an entertainment complex, where vacationers are offered game and sports halls with a bowling alley, a swimming pool, a gym, a paintball range and rental of ATVs and mini-bugs.
In the Logoisk district there is one of the main attractions of Belarus – the memorial Khatyn, opened in 1969 in memory of hundreds of Belarusian villages destroyed by the Nazis during the Great Patriotic War. The small village of Khatyn was completely burned down in 1943 by the Nazis along with the inhabitants. 149 people died, including 75 children. Now there is a memorial with an area of 50 hectares on this site. The central place here is occupied by the sculpture “Unbowed Man”, depicting the only surviving Khatyn resident, Jozef Kaminsky, carrying his son killed by the Nazis in his arms. Also on the territory of the memorial there is a symbolic “Cemetery of Villages” and “Trees of Life”, “Khatyn alarm”, “Smoke of Khatyn” and “Wall of Memory” with a memorial plate and Eternal Flame.
Krichev, Mogilev region (Belarus)
Krichev is located in the eastern part of the Mogilev region. It is known for being presented to Grigory Potemkin by Catherine II. In 1778, Potemkin ordered to build a luxurious palace here. The architect of the palace was the great Russian architect I.V. Starov is the author of the project for the Tauride Palace in St. Petersburg. The Potemkin Palace has actually become one of the most beautiful palace complexes in Russia.. It was surrounded by a vast park and orchard. Since 2005, restoration work has been carried out in the Potemkin Palace. In terms of its structure, it looks like the letter “E”, possibly in honor of Catherine II. A solemn wedding hall and a local history museum are located on two floors of the palace. The Krichev Museum of Local Lore has about 20,000 exhibits, including: archaeological finds, a collection of coins of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania, weapons, a collection of folk clothes, tools and everyday life of peasants, products of local potters.